Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Affiliated


I have created two new online profiles today. You can see where I might shy away from that, seeing as I have recently had my checking account compromised, but these were both things I have been planning to do for a while.
One is on Mormon.org. Technically, I already had an account because I have one through other aspects of the web site, but I had not created a profile for this specific part yet. I had intended to, but every time I tried the site was unavailable.
I had always intended to try again, but the reason I made a point of getting around to it (besides today being a slow day) is that our new ward mission leader suggested having a profile and linking it to your Facebook page, just to have another opportunity to share.
The way the profiles work is that visitors to Mormon.org can search on locations or ages or things to find people they have things in common with, and see what they have to say about their faith. Mine is not actually up yet because there is an approval process, but I doubt it will take very long, and then I will do the appropriate linking.
The other motivation is that I am going to be teaching on missionary work Sunday, and so it seems reasonable to get that done. I worry sometimes about the balance of being open to others and being pushy, but things like this can increase the openness without pushing.  Just in case, though, you can always ask me questions about my faith, and I will answer them.
The profiles are under “I’m a Mormon”, and this charity I do, Plan, has a campaign called “Because I am a Girl”. Anyway, the two titles became conflated in my mind and I would sometimes think, “Because I am a Mormon”. A lot of who I am and how I view the world comes from my faith. It is an undercurrent to everything I do. So, it is important, and I am willing to share.
The other site I joined up with is mychemicalromance.com. I’m not sure how much I will be posting on it, but I have been thinking about doing it for a while, so why not? It gets me on the mailing list. I love them, and if you want to ask me about them, that’s cool too. It is a different level of significance perhaps, but still important.

No comments: