Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Forget blogging; I have bronchitis!

I’ve been sick for three weeks now. It started February 13th, with just a scratchy throat. On the 14th, my voice was gone.

I still didn’t feel awful. I was tired, and it slowed everything down. I have been crawling through books lately, which is frustrating, because there is so much that I want to read.

That’s been the main issue all along, really. There are things that I want to do, and I don’t have the energy to do them. I have done some reading, writing, and exercising, but not nearly as much of any as I would like.

The thing is, I remember colds in my childhood lasting 3-5 days, and everyone who has gotten sick this time around seems to be having it for three weeks. If I seemed to be on my last day I would be thrilled, actually, but the cough is new, and getting worse, which makes me worry that I may be going in to bronchitis. Of course, the cold that led to my bout with pneumonia lasted a month.

So part of me is wondering if we have created super strong cold viruses, perhaps by feeding them antibiotics which we knew were ineffective, but some people are saying this is just part of getting older—you don’t shake things off as quickly. That is true, actually, but it’s still no reason to be sick for three weeks.

Anyway, a very nasty cough started up a few days ago, and I was thinking I might have bronchitis now, which the doctor just confirmed. Not great, but better than some of my other thoughts (pertussis, mono, tuberculosis).

I had started a real blog post, and then it didn’t feel right, so I started another, but my poor foggy brain will only mishandle an important topic, but I don’t want to break my daily blogging rhythm, so this is all you’re getting from me.

I’m sick. Wah.

Stay tuned for the country song, “Tired of being tired, sick of being sick.”

No comments: