Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Picture it


It makes sense - with such a colorful theme - that color would leave the lasting impression on me. That's what happened.

It was reinforced by later activity. I started feeling a compulsive need to color later as my subconscious was begging me to relax:


Those issues aside, it was a pleasurable thing to see the difference that adding color made to each design. I saw their appeal when they were just in black and white, but the color made them pop. 



Adult coloring books are really big now, but you will be amazed by the amount of free coloring sheets online. Also, some of the "adult" patterns take on a level of complication that can make the relaxation aspects backfire.




 
Even though I did not get to color much on karaoke night, I got to observe it then too. I could see what other people were coloring, but also, there was the mural.

When I first got the idea I thought it would be nice to have one really big sheet that people could work together on. I didn't know how to make that happen with some cohesiveness unless I drew it. (Well, I could have asked someone else to do it, but I don't know whom.)

My initial idea was the local landscape, but I was picturing all of these Portland things, and we are really Beaverton. Still, we do things in other locations. We had things planned in Lake Oswego and Hillsboro, and had done things in Portland in the past.

Anyway, I drew something, and it wasn't great, because I am not a great artist, but it still felt good to do. 


It became so much better as color was added. 


I feel good about that.






No comments: