Friday, January 27, 2017

Band Review: Krista Hartman


Krista Hartman is a Canadian solo artist.

She followed me shortly after Ron Sexsmith did, and they have one collaboration in her catalog. I put their reviews into separate weeks to try and not conflate them too much. While Hartman herself is also pretty low-key, there is a different mood to her work.

One interesting thing about the delay is that it put her into the same week as Brandon Jeffries who - while he is not straight country - could appeal easily to country fans. I believe that is true of Hartman too. Without there exactly being a twang, her voice lends itself well to more country-inspired music. I believe she could have good crossover appeal.

I enjoyed her collaboration with Sexsmith - "Broken In Two" - a lot, but I think the song that best typifies her style and sound is "Sunny Days". That track is also on her most recent release, Constellations. So, start there. If you listen to "Sunny Days" and like it, then you should listen more.





No comments: