Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Back from vacation

I have previously been on vacations where I posted full blogs every day. Not only did that not happen this time, but I did not even post daily songs (interrupting a carefully planned month, but I will get to that later).

I think I wished everyone a happy birthday, but half of those were late.

A big part of that was technology. I no longer have a laptop, and my phone is not particularly reliable. Even if it did not frequently lose internet connections, I have not put in the time to sorting out all of the app logins, and I don't like working with a phone size keyboard.

Even without the technological issues, posting blogs from the road requires pre-writing; that just didn't happen. There were too many other things going on, and I was too tired.

I didn't even read as much as I meant to.

It is easy to ascribe it to getting older, which is totally a thing that I have done. I am also working with different (fewer) resources than I have for past levels of productivity.

However, I am also better at being gentle with myself.

There is the necessity factor, but you can give in to the necessary and still kick yourself. I am not.

I let my mind wander and had deep thoughts, some of which I recorded later. Others may still pop up.

I rested, which was needed. I also got lots of steps in, which is opposite of resting, but was a nice change in routine.

Being okay with doing less is also something that happened with getting older, though it was not automatic. It was part of that process of shifting priorities, and dropping things that felt like needs but really weren't.

I'm glad to be back in the mix, but I am glad for the break.

No comments: