Thursday, September 20, 2012

Exciting Fall Preview

I am pretty much done with writing about the comic book at this point, as well as mostly done writing it. (Currently at 389 pages and only one major scene left, but it’s a big one.)

The plan going forward is that I am going to go over the material once, and then leave it alone for at least a week or two while I work on something else. Ideally this will involve revamping my children’s book, The Bear in the Net, and submitting it to a few places, and then doing a review of one of the existing scripts, probably Coulrophobia.

Having taken some time away and cleared my head, then I want to go back and do one major rewrite to the comic book, and then I will find a place to post it and do it. Maybe at that point I will blog once more about it, perhaps a nice post pointing out everything that is wrong with it. I mean, I have given away a lot of the plot already, but that may not turn enough people off from wanting to read it. Posting the things that suck about it might do the trick.

Regardless of how scary posting it will feel, and how weird, I think I need to go for it to get a sense of resolution to it. Rewriting is funny because this desire to make it perfect can take you past reasonable and helpful changes into once more going a little bit nuts. I remember once changing something (I think it was the screenplay for Hungry), and it seemed weird, and I realized I had just changed it back to the original line, after I had altered it on the last round of rewrites. Publication, even if just on the internet, provides a certain amount of finality.

Anyway, there are some odds and ends to blog over, and there will be at least one more post on writing in general, though not specifically about the comic book, but my intention is to go on another round of writing about music.

Last time that ended up being about three weeks of posts, and they went to some unexpected places. I never thought that listening to different kinds of music would end up making me feel sorry for Lindsay Lohan, and I feel kind of bad now that the Charlie Sexton post is tied to her. The overall point works, but he deserves better.

So I don’t know where I’m going to go with that exactly, but also, I know down the road there are many political and religious posts, and I don’t know that I am actually ready to go down that road yet, but at the same time there is so much information out there that gets me thinking, and that I want to respond to, and also, there is an election coming up, and anything that I have to say about that should probably be posted before it happens.

In addition, there is something that I have been meaning to do for a while, and I think it might be time.

I have three blogs, and once upon a time it made sense, because I would want to blog about travel and preparedness, but then I would have these multi-post series on everything else that I wanted to have in the main blog, and to keep things kind of on track it made sense to separate them.

Actually, with the preparedness blog it was specifically a way to archive the newsletters, with occasional bonus material, and then I was no longer doing a preparedness newsletter, but I want to start reviewing materials and setting new goals again, and this seems like a good time.

For travel, it took a long time to cover everything in the Australia and New Zealand trip, and when I was done I thought that I would start blogging about previous trips, like Italy and Hawaii, but then everything fell apart, which has been covered. Now not only am I writing again, but we have traveled again. This year alone I have gone to Mexico, Alaska, and Idaho Falls/Yellowstone Park. It’s time.

Anyway, the plan going forward is that this blog, the sporkful, will be Monday through Friday now. Saturdays will be travel pieces on sporktogo, and Sundays will be provident living pieces on preparedspork.

We’ll see how it goes.

No comments: