Friday, January 24, 2020

Album Review: Admission by Torche

This review is going to seem more critical than I intend.

I really enjoyed listening. There is this rumble that goes through my chest when Torche plays. I like it.

I just can't necessarily tell it from their other albums.

I know it's them. I love them. That is not a problem.

I am not even saying that all of their tracks sound the same, because "Triumph of Venus" still exists. However, there is not an equivalent track to that on this album. "Submission" probably stands out the most, but it isn't really about standing out. I am tempted to say that is a common issue with instrumental bands, but Torche does sing; the singing just doesn't matter as much as the guitars.

It is also true that I often praise bands for trying new things and digging deeper. I know.

So Torche continues doing their thing, but they do it better than anyone else.

Related posts:
https://sporkful.blogspot.com/2015/07/concert-review-torche.html
http://sporkful.blogspot.com/2014/02/band-review-torche.html

No comments: