Friday, April 25, 2014

Band Review: We Are Forever


There are two previously reviewed bands that I have been thinking about while listening to We Are Forever. They remind me of Sunderland because I am very aware of their youthfulness. There is an plaintive earnestness that especially comes through in Aren Andersen's vocals.

At the same time, there is a kind of a punk feeling to their riffs, reminding me of Atlantic Aftermath. So, perhaps this is earnest, bright-eyed punk. Technically, though, they list themselves as pop/rock.

A good example of how the different elements work together can be found on "Half Awake", probably my favorite track off of 2013 release To Be Alive.

Some other tracks are more downbeat, like "Forget the Sun" or "Goodbye My Hero", making it seem like the band has grown more serious since making a wrestling video for "Take My Hand", off of Lights. Still, there's that intro on "Say My Name." They'll work out the right balance.





No comments: