Sunday, September 12, 2010

Because I’m so ugly!

That’s a quote from Overboard. My sisters and I quote movies a lot. I’m not in as bad a state as Goldie Hawn with poison oak, but I do have a temporary issue.

Thursday morning I was walking the dogs, and a jogger and his dog came around behind us. He was on the other side of the road, which shouldn’t be too bad, but our newest dog, Jane, has a bit of a hyperactivity problem, and she when she sees another dog out there with a human it is the coolest thing in the world and she needs to go and sniff them right now! There is also a good chance she will jump on the person, which we have not broken her of yet.

Her interest is friendly, but it is still appropriate to keep your dog from forcing herself on others, so to make sure she could not wriggle out of her double harness, I tried to get closer to her. The grass was wet, there were other dog bodies in the way throwing me off, and she was bouncing around trying to escape. When she bounced against my legs, I went down on my knees.

I can’t even say that she bit me. It’s more like as I was going down and she was coming up, one of her teeth collided with my face and grazed it. It did still result in some bleeding, and so I have this scab above my lip, and now a small bruise has developed next to it.

I’m sure it will all be gone in a few days, but I’m kind of sensitive about it now. The bruise is like a small crescent going around the scab, so unless you get close it is hard to tell what the discoloration is. People may think it’s hair, and that I need a wax.

The wound is what bugs me the most. Any time you see people with little face wounds on the news it is meth. I just had a couple of small zits break out on me too, so my face is getting really close to ravaged.

I just started a new job. What will they think of me? During training, I kept shifting from alert to almost asleep. Sure, that was based on the room being stuffy, so when we were doing stuff I was okay, but I was having trouble during the just listening parts, but it could have been drugs. They don’t know me.

I guess I’ll have to be really careful not to lose any teeth before this heals.


25 minutes walking outside
Crunches
Matthew 11 – Matthew 15

No comments: