Tuesday, June 16, 2015

And the posts come later and later


I have not been on top of things lately.

Work has been busier. It has a right to be busy - I can't argue with that - but when things go at a slower pace somehow more gets done during the day. There's more room in the brain.

There have been family issues, and emotional things take their own toll. There are setbacks that take days to recover from. It feels pathetic, but I've seen it. Every function of the mind and body takes some energy, and some take more.

This is one way of saying that I haven't been writing much.

I am also in the middle of one of our regular health challenges at work. This is the Summer Games. We just track out steps for six weeks. The highest level of points is achieved at 420000 steps, or 10000 a day, though there are lower point amounts for 210000 and 315000.

I am currently right on schedule, but each day you have to make 10000, and if you fall behind catching up becomes difficult very quickly. Since working from home, I need to make some efforts to move around more, plus do 30-40 minutes of exercise a day to stay on track. It feels good to move, but that could also be a big chunk of writing time.

I had this plan in mind that while the six weeks was going on I would write like crazy. I would finish Spitters, and finally write up that musical, and then I would start my ninth regular feature screenplay written only by me (so not counting shorts, comics, television pilots, or collaborations), and I would decide what to do about that book adaptation. That has not happened.

Always, there is everything else, but at some point I started to stress less over it. Everything that is keeping me busy will clear up in time.

I finished the first round of single adult phone calls. I need to figure out what to do about wrong numbers, missing phone numbers, and voicemail where they didn't call back, but that's actually a huge milestone for that project. I have everything ready for the Saturday activity, and the July fireside will fall into place too. Things are moving along there.

The dolls are done.

I finished finding people through the invitation autofill on the reunion, and filled in about an other 100. 211 people to go.

Most of my classes are done. I am still finishing up the final presentation for my superhero, but that is due the 26th, and it will be done.

I found a new class to take. That sounds like a bad idea, but just today I found that Oregon Care Partners has classes for Alzheimer's and Dementia caregivers. There was a promoted tweet with the title "Activities for Meaningful Dementia Care´- I've been thinking about that for weeks, with some ideas but not enough, and there is course material. There are multiple courses. That feels like a godsend.

Mainly, the urgency from the writing has always come from the urgency to have more money, and it just doesn't seem that thinking that way will ever work. That could be disappointing, but I feel at peace about it. Things are falling into place. There is a logic and order in that, and I am going to have to trust for the rest.

In two weeks the Summer Games will be over too, and I can stop worrying about remembering to put on my pedometer, avoiding bumping into things that might reset it, and remembering to look down and check the number regularly in case I do reset it. I will still want to do more physical activity, but I may be at a point of just trying to maintain my current level of health instead of improving it. I would like to be fitter now, but impatience won't be my friend there either.

It's not exactly one thing at a time, but it is not too much.

I still can't quite seem to give up blogging daily, so it's blogging late.

No comments: