Thursday, June 11, 2015

No band review today


It seems like the best way option.

The band I had planned on reviewing today, Stillframe, has broken up. I have reviewed broken up bands before, but I found this announcement from the 5th:

"Hey everyone, in regards to the current situation of our singer, Marc, the rest of the members in Stillframe deem it inappropriate to continue moving on with this entity. So the remaining members have all decided to disband and make Stillframe no more."

What situation is that? He was recently revealed to have committed many sexual assaults, including underage girls.

I feel bad for the others. Writing a review of the music I have listened to seems like it would be counter to their wishes, and it looks like the Twitter account is already gone, so the other links might end up being dead soon anyway. (There are some similarly named bands that can cause some confusion.)

I also admire them. Their singer was not the first band member to have assaulted anyone, underage or not. There is often a tendency to play it down or explain it away or to try in some way not to know about it or act on it. They have acted decisively and quickly. I am sure there is a sense of loss.

I am also hopeful for them. They haven't announced any future plans, and maybe they are too disgusted right now to think of trying again. However, they were in other bands before; they can have other chances, together or separately.

So this is wishing good luck to David Fernandez, Kevin Herrera, and Kyle Lacoste. Thank you for taking a stand. I hope good things come your way.

No comments: