Friday, April 14, 2017

Band Review: Live My Last


Live My Last is an alt-rock band from Columbus, Ohio.

There is at times an aggression in the music reminiscent of hardcore, but they never depart that far from melody. There is energy and power - even force - but never so much that they lose sight of the music.

One of their songs, "Lets Get This Started Again" almost reminds me of Black Eyed Peas, but only the fragment of the song that ends up on movie soundtracks or in commercials, not listening to the entire song. (I'm not really a Black Eyed Peas Fan.)

Emotions tend toward the anguish of young love, especially on "My Juliet", referencing anguished young love's most famous case. There is frustration in "Twisted".

The overall tone is not gloomy. Songs about emotions that tear you apart happen, but are still full of life. Other songs, like "45's", speak to a defiance that keeps them going. It is a young energy, but you do not have to be young to appreciate it.



No comments: