Tuesday, September 05, 2017

Au revoir les enfants


Today I called and ended my Plan sponsorships. It smarts.

I can acknowledge that it was amazing that I kept them up as long as I did. Being able to put some money in the bank for before last month's withdrawal was practically miraculous as it was. I don't have any miracles on the horizon.

I can see reasons why I should have done this a long time ago. It's not that the amount would cover any individual bill for one month (except the cell phone), but a few months adding up would have. Anyway, I don't see a way of making it work anymore.

I was sure yesterday that it was the right thing to do, and that I would need to call today. Getting it done required logging in, and brought up photos of all their faces. I wavered then, I tell you. Except, it's not a matter of using money I have for something else. It's a matter of the money not being there, and attempts to get it out resulting in three overdraft charges.

It's done, and I feel just about as useless and worthless as I have in a while.

Anyway, that's weighing pretty heavily on me today.

http://sporkful.blogspot.com/2013/02/task-childreach.html

No comments: