Thursday, October 05, 2017

Band Review: Nick Ray


If you like electronic embellishment but think that full on trap is too much, Nick Ray is probably a good compromise. An alternative electronic rock musician from New Orleans, Ray's tracks have more form and rock elements than straight EDM.

There is nothing terrible about his music, and I would have been much more annoyed reviewing a straight EDM band. I realize this is damning with faint praise, but sometimes even when I don't particularly like the music things stand out that are interesting. Or sometimes things stand out that I hate, but at least writing about what makes me hate it can be interesting.

This is a boring, lukewarm review that feels like a failure on my part, but it also kind of feels appropriate based on my listening experience.

Your mileage may vary.



No comments: