Thursday, October 10, 2013

Band Review: Cinema Sleep


Cinema Sleep is a five piece band out of Cincinnati, Ohio.  Apparently many of the members were in a previous band together.
Overall they have a solid sound, plaintive vocals with strong instruments, but on the album Truth For The Seeker, it opens with "Wild Card", which feels very generic to me. I can't put my finger on why I feel that, because I like the intro. Then it immediately improves with "Inside My Hands" and ends up being a good album.
I mention this, because if you just go to their full album (they have a collection of five singles on Make Your Way) and listen to the first song, you will be underestimating the band. So, listen beyond that. "Inside My Hands" and "Wanted" for sure, and then probably "The Response" will give you a better idea of how they sound, and then perhaps "Through This House" and "Take Me Home" for, well, softer is the wrong word - maybe those songs are more emotional. "Right Where You Belong" may have been my favorite. My point is that it is worth giving them a chance.
Music is available via iTunes.

No comments: