Thursday, August 13, 2015

Band Review: Halfway to Hollywood


I kept liking Halfway to Hollywood more each time I listened to them.

Halfway to Hollywood is a trio from Vancouver, British Columbia creating pop rock and power pop. At first I thought they were fine, but as I listened more I started noticing fun keyboard details, reminding me of favorably of James Dewees. I then started hearing more emotion and sincerity in the music, and ended up liking them quite a bit.

I think fans of Boys Like Girls will enjoy the band. Check out "Last September" and see what you think.

Favorite tracks for me included "Somebody to Someone", "Speechless", and "Green Lights".

One mild criticism is that their video channel seems for focused on covers. This is not unusual for a band trying to establish itself, because it can show range and draw attention, but I believe Halfway to Hollywood can be confident in their own material, and focus on that.





No comments: