Thursday, January 05, 2017

Band Review: The Old Days


The Old Days is a modern pop band that I came to via member Scott Chesak, who also plays keyboards for The All-American Rejects.

"Modern" pop is the band's chosen descriptor, while their name implies something opposite of that. Musically, they are equally tricky to place.

At times there are echoes of something that I think is familiar but can't identify. It's almost like in the '90s when some bands got kind of hippie-ish, but not really. Like, they don't sound like Natalie Merchant, but I think she might enjoy listening to them.

Their sounds often build in a way that sounds triumphant, but it never becomes loud. It's almost like there is a distance of time, where these are good memories and going over them brings the feelings back, but I can't really say it sounds nostalgic either.

I guess that leaves the music as intriguing.





No comments: