Thursday, July 27, 2017

Band Review: Love Past Blue


Love Past Blue is a Dallas-based indie rock band. Their songs sound like they would go over well in a roadhouse, experimenting with funk and blues.

This made it somewhat disconcerting for me to discover that their ages range from 14 to 17. I don't hear it when only listening to them, but when watching performance footage it is distracting, especially as they introduce a song about consent.

I don't want to get overly hung up on age; they sound great. With this much ability now they should only be getting better, and able to speak with more authority as they gain more life experience. I cannot help feeling that they should take some time to grow up.

That should not be a reason not to listen to them. Of the songs available, I particularly liked "Faded". It is a bit softer than the rest of their tracks, but was delivered beautifully.




1 comment:

Clio said...

Hi,
Thank you for your review! A little explanation: I wrote No Means No from personal experience and from the experiences of my friends. Public high school can be a place where you can be in head to toe covering, nothing tight and still find yourself violated by being groped as you walk through the hallways or even in the classroom in front of the teacher. I think it is a message that young girls need to learn. Consent is not just for sex, it's for being touched and I feel that young girls need to know that if they say no, it should stand. I also know it can go both ways as girls are not always appropriate, but as a writer, I just wrote it from my viewpoint. Thank you for the nice comments about our music, and we will be releasing 6 new singles we recorded right there in Oregon in the very near future.