Thursday, December 20, 2018

Another late night post

I have been posting very late recently.

I have also given my mother some really good days. Not good enough to help her know that she is at home, but where there is contented engagement. That takes enough time that I end up posting very late.

I have been wondering if that is worth the effort. There are always plenty of other things to do, and one thing about posting later is that fewer people read the posts. I have never really done this for the page hits, but there is still something satisfying about seeing bigger numbers there.

It wouldn't be unreasonable to give it up.

However, last night I helped a friend working on something, and it was helped by being able to refer back to previous posts I had written. I hadn't written them with her in mind, or anyone, really, but they were relevant, and having been put out there once they could be recalled.

I don't know if that is enough of a reason to keep going, but it's at least one reason why I will feel good about what I have done either way.

Of course, it is also really three blogs with daily posting between them, so I could always drop just a part, but all of the parts are important to me.

However, I do kind of have some ideas for Christmas week and New Year's week, and I certainly want to at least get to my 600th band review, because with a little effort it can be a live performance with some personal significance. Anyway, at least two more weeks.

Then we will see about the new year.

No comments: