Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Costume selfies

This also did not go as planned, but things still worked out.

I was not sure I could come up with 31 different costume ideas that were doable. At least, I was not sure I could do it without spending a lot of money, which was not an option. I ended up spending about $13, all at Dollar Tree.

I did not use most of my starting ideas. Other ideas came that were more practical.

I thought that I would end up practicing with both hair and makeup, but I did not end up doing anything with hair, really. That could have been more useful in terms of things that I might apply to every day life, but there just wasn't the time for it.

The make-up experience was probably not helpful. I will try wearing makeup in my selfie on November 1st; it will still not be a regular habit.

 It continues to be an issue getting a lot into a selfie. For example, I can show the whole chef's hat (constructed from printer paper and a blouse), or part of the hat and the cleaver, but not both.(I should have put on an apron.)


In some ways, not being able to get everything in was probably helpful, but there are details that were missing.

There were some mishaps. For example, usually I would get the look together, take the photo, and deconstruct right away, including washing off makeup. I decided to leave the rabbit look on while I made dinner. I also did not have pink face makeup so I used lipstick. It did not come off easily for a while.

I don't blame you if you can't tell this is supposed to be Peter Criss from KISS. However, I will say that looking at many pictures, his makeup was not always exactly the same. Still, it looked better than that.

I do feel better about the selfies. I have written about this before, but when I have a theme it constricts me and then it makes me get goofy and have fun with it. Maybe I am not goofy enough. "Silly" is not usually my first choice.

Also, I think there is something to be said for setting a goal that challenges you but that is doable. Well, it is really accomplishing the goal, but setting the goal that you can do while still stretching is its own challenge.

November 1st will be a relief, but this was good. Maybe I will still do some odd looks here and there.

There will always be other things to look forward to.

No comments: