Tuesday, July 28, 2026

Spoiled for content

This current round of writing has largely been looking at dominator culture on the left and how we need to break free of that.  

There are many available examples to demonstrate how it works. That can be a lengthy process, but if it makes an effective case, I don't mind that.

It was feeling like there were a few bad actors, disingenuously using flawed logic to be loudly wrong, over and over again. I believed it would be beneficial to name and shame them; do not listen to these people anymore! I jotted down a few names so I could take some time to write up summaries, and the list kept growing.

Initially I thought it would be about seven people, because I could think of one group of three and another group of four, with enough connections within the two groups that it would be pretty simple.

There are now over thirty names; that post would be too long to be useful.

Some could be broken down into sub-categories, but still, that's just a lot of people. Maybe after researching some of them will be promoted to "take with a grain of salt" rather than "never listen" but it all becomes very unwieldy.

Besides that, my life is not all politics. I should probably write about school some. 

I was thinking of how I have the media posts on Fridays, maybe I could go on for a few weeks with the Thursday posts being different subgroups. That way, one Thursday would be "This is the story of the podbros..." and then the next week it would be about Fight Agency...

I haven't quite decided how to make all of that work. 

Part of it is seriously questioning whether it does any good, but some of it is also being interested in lots of different things.

Speaking of the Friday posts, it will soon be time to post about the songs and quotes for Disability Pride Month. A lot of that directly relates to my capstone, so I am thinking about it with school. How long should I spend on the terrible people? 

Plus, it is so discouraging that there are so many people who may be actively lying, but of whom at least some have probably convinced themselves (maybe just temporarily) and they are able to do so because of access to money enforcing their egos and privilege making them really not get structural racism and so many other problems... it's discouraging, you know?

It would be a better world if there were only seven people. 

But it's not.

For the next two days I am going to write about something two completely different things, with pictures, that relate to household projects and changes. They are not directly political, but political points can be made.

Then I will work out what kind of patchwork blogging makes sense for me.

At least I am not out of ideas. 

No comments: