Friday, March 07, 2014

Album Review: Stand In Line by The Cornerstones


I reviewed The Cornerstones back in August, but they have released a new album since then:


One thing I found in doing the review is that they had another album that I missed completely, Begin To End, Volume 1. The sounds that I was listening to for the review were the newer material. So Stand In Line contains "My Mind" and "Smack Me In The Face" and all of the familiar songs, but also much more, with 12 tracks in all.

That balance that I remembered, of the cosmic and the blues, comes through again. I think I feel more of a folk influence as well this time around, but I would never consider them a folk band.

At times it feels like they are going to send you into space, and then you keep getting brought back to earth. The sound is grounded by rich and vivid guitar play, that keeps going to interesting places, but is very much bound to life.

So it's an interesting mix, and worth a listen. I hope it is well received.

There are links for purchasing at the page above, but it specifically lists iTunes, Amazon, Google Play, and 7 Digital.

No comments: