Thursday, May 15, 2014

Band Review: Lock Up Laura


Lock Up Laura is very rock. Axes are slung, drums are pounded -- it sounds stupid saying it that way, but yeah, basically they are rock, and it is refreshing.

Their own description refers to melodic vocal lines. I wouldn't have thought that on my own, because I think the accompaniment is more powerful than the melodies, but the vocals are actually sung instead of shouted or screamed, and that's appreciated.

They were recommended to me by Dan Tanglewood, an excellent guitarist himself, who has played in a previous band with bassist Liam Giles.

Lock Up Laura's debut album, Running In The Dark, is currently available from Amazon. There are probably other sources, but the I have not been able to get the band's main web site up after several tries. Other links are listed below.





No comments: