Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Almost home

We leave for the airport in a few hours and I will be home tonight.


Obviously I will be writing about this for weeks on the travel blog, but I have a few thoughts here.


One thing about vacation? Even with a lot of activity time, I have finished three books and am deep into a fourth. I brought five, but Julie read the fifth one after she finished the one I loaned her, so even if I don't get into it, it was good to have it along. We have several hours of airport and airplane time, though, so I could easily end up finished with the fourth and starting the fifth. The one I am reading now is rather academic, so alternating might not hurt either.


I can't seem to read, write, and work all at the same time. I don't feel great about that, and there are some more books I am anxious to get to, but of course getting Morgan and Family Reunion out the door will be the priority.


What is it like vacationing poor? Hard! And I don't want to sound like an ingrate. I am very blessed that my sister decided that having me along was worth paying for me, but it's still hard being dependent and not having my own money. I am so grateful to be here, but I so wish that things were different as well.


I guess my laptop and camera breaking kind of punctuates that. I do not have the funds to replace them. If I don't go anywhere for a while, I don't really need them, but in November I am supposed to start doing the daily selfie. That would be better with a phone anyway, but I'm not sure how that is going to happen either.


So this was a break, and it was a good one. I am proud of maintaining the blog and the songs, and getting my Throwback Thursday photo up, through a combination of planning ahead and sheer determination and sometimes luck. If the laptop had gone out in Hershey, I would have missed some days, because that motel did not have a business center.


Anyway, back to life. Back to reality.

No comments: