Wednesday, October 07, 2015

This next section: To Do


Finally, here is the column of things that I feel like I need to do. Not all of them came in conjunction with specific things in the Problems and Wants columns. Some of them are even already done, which is comforting. There is still quite a bit to do.

I actually wrote about the whole paper that the columns came from in early June. I probably didn't dig deeply enough then, but maybe I needed to have the shallow look at it before I could get here.

To Do:

Make a Vision Board
This seems like it should heavily incorporate the Wants, and it is something that I feel like I need to do, but I have a hard time picturing it. Part of it is that I am so verbal that when I am conceptualizing what I want, it is all words, but it feels important to come up with a visual representation as well.

Meet physical needs
This comes from the realization that when I am disconnected from my body I don't take care of it. It means letting myself have adequate sleep and proper nutrition, but also getting my shoulders looked at. It means not just listening to my body, but answering it affirmatively.

Moderate Changes
I have written about this before specifically in regards to making sure to get at least one serving of whole grains plus three different fruits or vegetables. I do better when I remember to do this, and it is also helpful if I make a point of eating every three hours, alternating meals and snacks. That takes a lot of planning, and I don't always manage it, but it helps and I want my physical needs met, so...

Write a fat heroine
I think I actually expressed the importance of this best after I drew my first comic and wrote about that. I didn't think specifically about someone who looks like me as much then, but I did see how you feel differently about a character, even when it's you, and how important things can come from that.

I don't know when I will have time to do this specifically, but there are some changes that have already taken place that I think need to be treated separately. I think I will get there Tuesday.

Look at chakras
I did this one! And I am not a chakra expert, but the image it gave me, of building up from a firm foundation, has been important.

Month of reading screenplays
I did this one too! And it was a good experience where I learned a lot. I still have not written any screenplays since then. I started one, but I realized that the premise was too ridiculous for the serious tone. I haven't decided whether to be more or less ridiculous yet.

Create comics for other works
Okay, one of the options you have on Amazon Studios is to add storyboards, and because drawing and comics are important to me, I would like to add a drawn segment for each screenplay there. I would like to draw the near drowning segment in Family Ghosts also; maybe I could post it on Deviant Art or something. I don't know when I will get to this, but I am sure my drawing ability will make it frustrating. I will do it anyway.

Work on family history
I am on a pretty good flow for this. It is something where this current cycle will last for a few months, and then start another multi-month cycle, so this will go on for years, but I am pursuing it in a sustainable manner, which is what was needed.

Complete contacting singles
This is something I have been working on for a few months, for making contact with all of the single adults in the ward. The people left have missing or wrong phone numbers, or they never answer, and so I am kind of stalled, but I think I know what to do next.

Throwback Thursdays and year of selfies
I am getting pretty close to the end of the throwbacks, and there have been some good insights here, some of which have had their own blog posts. I do have more clarity on the selfies, where I think they will need to be daily and not merely weekly, and starting on the Friday after the last throwback would make sense, except my camera just broke. Of course, people usually do selfies with phones anyway. Regardless, I do need to do a year of daily selfies, and technical issues may delay the start. That is for getting comfortable with my appearance.

Transcribe mission journals
There were some really hard times on my mission, some of them specifically pertaining to relationships with others, and with depression, and I think there will be something in going over them.

Bridgestone course, other driving classes
This would be to get comfortable with driving. In the other blog post I mention stunt driving courses and maybe going on a racetrack, but I don't know how available those would be, or how expensive they would be. This would be a course for getting used to different road conditions and knowing how to respond, and it seems practical.

Costumes and dress up
I still don't know what this will mean. I have written about having given up on costumes because I don't like drawing attention to myself visually, but then does fighting that mean embracing those fears and freely being hideous? Does it mean trying to look good? Should I try a cosplay? Because I just missed ComicCon? Maybe it will be all of the above.

Reading list
I have not spent enough time digesting the very long reading list. I have written out a column of the book titles next to my three columns, and I will start going over them again. I don't know that each book will get its own post, but I at least need to think about each book individually and see if I have more to say.

No comments: