I just got back from vacation.
There is some catching up to do, but I thought I should incorporate some of my time on vacation, separate from the travel blog.This is partly because there were some deep thoughts that relate, but also for fun.
The Cincinnati Zoo had great Halloween decorations, but the travel blog post will probably focus on the animals and terrain.
So, why not have a post about that?
Here we are at the start of October, a month I love largely, but not solely, because of Halloween.
I was a little surprised at the title; "Howloween" or "ZooBoo" are a lot more common in my experience.
Well, variety is the spice of life.
One that note, not everything was pumpkins. There were also spiders, ghosts, candy corn, and ghostly jellyfish.
However, a key focus was on pumpkins, with local artists being invited to decorate over 5000 of them.
I actually saw a few carvers are work, so the process appears to be ongoing. As it is, there was also some painting and some very creative ways of making the art.
Sometimes there were themes, like snakes and turtles outside the reptile house.
My personal favorite was this homage to Over the Garden Wall and that captivating scene from episode 2, "Hard Times at the Huskin' Bee."
There were definitely over places with Halloween decorations on our trip, but this was easily the most impressive and memorable.
(And we went to Holiday World.)
I do have a tendency to be more serious, and with good reason, but you have to share the good times too.
No comments:
Post a Comment