Thursday, January 16, 2014

Band Review: KitCat


I think I am the wrong person to appreciate this. I'm not a big fan of remixes in general, and most of the music being sampled here is unfamiliar. I think it is generally well-done for two reasons.

First of all, there was one song that I knew well, MSI's "Never Wanted to Dance", and it was easy to recognize both the source material and the changes, and while I prefer the original, I can see how the remix works for what I am guessing would be a club situation.

Also, at one point I suddenly found myself really annoyed, and I checked and that song was referencing Lady Gaga, so again, I think KitCat is capturing the essence of the song.

Overall it is very much electronic, with some dubstep mixed in. My favorite track was "Lindsey Sterling - Spontaneous Me Remix?", but if this is more your genre, it may make sense to start with the Skrillex influenced-tracks.


1 comment:

Daniela Mattos said...


I get your point and I agree with you!
Actually, I don't like remix, I always prefer the original songs, even in clubs, but... Some people like, there's professionals working on it, and I respect.

:)