Monday, March 14, 2016

Writing update


This is only a brief update because today has been a pretty busy day. (Not just for writing and self-improvement. I also did yard work and mixed pie filling.)

I'm trying something new now.

I found I was not moving forward on Powers at all. It was ridiculous, and I felt like time was slipping away, and the writing time this month is really essential. Plus I kept thinking about Hostage. So I just decided to open all three projects at once instead of doing it consecutively. That way I could just write the scenes that were currently in my head.

I have read that this is a great way to never get anything done, because you just keep jumping to more and more new products. That is not impossible. At the same time, one of the writers I follow would frequently refer to projects 1 through 6, and she was getting paid for at least some of them.

I am trying it because at least so far it is helping me be more productive. If I did open up project four and five, that might not be the case, but I really want all three of these done this month, so I would theoretically work on all of them around this time period anyway.

The other thing that I'm doing is posting updates of the pages written for the day each night. I haven't been consistent about it, because I still have questions about whether or not it's an obnoxious thing to do, but it keeps me accountable and it can't be more obnoxious than the daily selfies.

So perhaps one big lesson for March is to not worry about annoying people. At least in terms of Facebook and Twitter, it's probably easy enough for people to mute me if they do find me annoying. Also, maybe people don't get annoyed that easily when you are doing things to help yourself, not things specifically intended to annoy them.

(Which makes it interesting that Facebook has an option to "poke" people, because poking is annoying. I never poke anyone.)

Anyway, I would like to have at least 11 pages done by the end of today.

No comments: