Friday, August 19, 2016

Band Review: Trash Talk


Trash Talk is a Hardcore / Punk band based in Los Angeles, California. I put them down for review after they were recommended by Benny Horowitz of The Gaslight Anthem.

There were times in the listening where they reminded me of Direct Hit!, but without the jokes. Trash Talk feels very serious, and yet they are often still fun. This especially comes through on "Leech". They are enjoyable, but there is an intensity to the songs that makes me think their concerts must be exhausting. They perform a lot, though, so maybe they just have good energy.

"Locked in Skin" is a good starting point for what listening to the band is like, but I have a special fondness for "Amnesiatic". A short instrumental, there is a primal, pulling force to it.

Trash Talk does not have a strong social media presence that I could find. Even their Twitter link is to a store site, http://babylon.la/, rather than to a site specifically about them. Nonetheless, what they are doing seems to be working.

Truly the best hardcore band I have heard so far.


No comments: