Thursday, November 03, 2016

Band Review: Davidica Little Spotted Horse


Davidica Little Spotted Horse first came to my attention because of the Women of the Four Winds tour, as featured in For the Generations. I had thought she was the organizer, but she has been performing as well.

One thing that has been frustrating is that I know she has more music than I am finding. Between ReverbNation and MySpace I have found a total of four songs, but she refers to at least one other, and it stands to reason that a touring musician will have more than four songs in her repertoire.

Based on those four, there is a driving rock pulse to her songs, perhaps most evident in "U Trust Who" and "Inside My Head", with lyrics conveying how you can feel torn despite being mentally clear.

The most emotionally resonant for me was "I Walk Among the Dead", building on a sense of isolation through loss that becomes inescapable, and yet it is ultimately moving without bringing you down.

Every link I could find is down below, though she is showing up now in many videos from the Standing Rock protest.





No comments: