I am not sure how to count these.
I definitely have two: one learning module from my capstone and one from my design lab.
The design lab one needs to be revamped. Built around teaching people how to adapt to the new environment -- behaving like a startup at an established company -- it took an overly positive view of some corporate changes. I had my suspicions, but it seems pretty clear now that it was not so much a sincere wish to evolve as a way to dump lots of people and get the others to do more work with less.
A module that focused on recovering after leaving a toxic work environment would be beyond revision, but I think adding some information about transformative learning might be enough to help people benefit from what is already there (and maybe to know when to leave).
After those two, I have some material that, while not being learning modules, might still show my ability to do certain things that would be useful in an instructional designer.
If I decide that I do specifically need four more actual learning modules, I could go in two directions.
One would be taking some of the assignments that lay the groundwork for learning modules but did not complete them. I selected material and wrote up how it would work, but the assignment was just creating a mockup or designing assessments or planning for collaboration.
I have six of those that I am considering. Some of them would be pretty involved, but would they be impressive enough to be worth it? Are they practical?
I am pretty sure I will develop the experiential learning one where basket-weaving becomes a part of leadership training. As a standalone option, people would have to buy their own basket kits, and it involves some copyrighted material... I haven't worked everything out.
The other direction is to do completely new ones in areas that interest me.
I get asked frequently about what I want to do. The full answer would be pretty lengthy (maybe a different post), but I do have ideas for information that I think is interesting and useful and that I want to put out there.
I don't know that anyone would pay me for that development, but it would probably be fulfilling, and it could also show what I can do.
My overall solution will probably be a combination of both.
No comments:
Post a Comment