Wednesday, September 23, 2026

Talk to me: 12 interviews?

"Interview" is going to take on such a different meaning as I start applying for jobs.

I still like the idea of trying to talk to twelve people as a way of establishing contacts and getting information.

First of all, I like interviewing people.

It's been a few years, but I did have a brief period where I was interviewing musicians for the blog. It wasn't a regular thing. Okay, I did four. When I had any connection with someone whose band I was reviewing I requested an interview, and it worked out.

Then things started getting harder with caring for my mother, where I did not have enough listening time to keep reviewing bands. Then she went into care and I took on a demanding job where I was too exhausted to blog at all or do anything that corresponded to enjoying life. Eventually I could not bear anymore so quit and went back to school.

It's been a journey of many steps.

Regardless, I like listening to people and hearing about what they know and what they think. 

I could do this.

I had actually compiled a list of teachers I know, but teachers might not be the best source. While we know related concepts and could work together, my field is instructional design. I know one person in that field whom I have already spoken to and one I don't want to talk to (for non-work reasons).

I have started thinking of more people who work in design. A mix of instructors, designers, and instructional designers could be good.

I am also trying to spend more time on LinkedIn.

It was never my favorite site and I feel like it's gone downhill a lot, but I feel that way about Twitter and Facebook too and I still go there. 

I mean, at some point you just do what you have to do.

Anyway, I am trying to put myself out there more. At some point it could involve me reaching out and asking to speak to you.

And least it's not for dating!

See, things can always be worse. 

No comments: