Friday, August 04, 2017

Band Review: Moovalya


I really enjoyed Moovalya; the speed and energy of punk can be really refreshing.

The instruments on some tracks (like "Six Feet Under") can be pretty aggressive. They frequently use rat-a-tats, but it never veers into hardcore, maintaining a sense of fun and freedom.

The band proclaims their affection for the Fat Wreck Chords and Epitaph bands of the '90s. That sounds about right. More specifically, I think fans of Anti-Flag and The Offspring will be really pleased with this band.

In addition to the aforementioned "Six Feet Under", I recommend "Streetlight Streetlife". It feels like it succeeds as an anti-anthem anthem. (I'm not saying that was the intention; that was just my impression.)

Moovalya is a shot in the arm. Check them out.




No comments: