Friday, December 27, 2013

Band Review: Sina Lloyd & Buddy Greenfield


I almost bumped Sina Lloyd to a different week, because I was concerned that the similarities in sound between her and Femke Weidema would result in confusion. That ended up being okay, largely because of the Cotton Wine element for Femke.

Looking at Sina Lloyd specifically, there is another element there, with most things being listed as Sina Lloyd & Buddy Greenfield. The Twitter account that followed me was, I think, initially just Sina, and so I am not sure how long they have been collaborating. They seem very united, musically and romantically, so I did put him in the title, but I have been thinking of her as solo for months.

Like yesterday, this is essentially synth pop again, but this time the focus feels more slinky rather than perky. Perhaps with a couple working together, it makes sense to feel a little more sexual.

Among the individual songs, there is a certain feeling of sameness, which is probably fine if you like club music. My favorite was "Bound to Occur", largely for the visuals of the video. They have put interesting visuals with a lot of the songs - sometimes with original footage, sometimes not - so Youtube is probably the best starting point.

The other thing that may be of interest is that they do a lot of holiday songs, so you can find songs "Favorite Time", "Happy Halloween", and "My Valentine".



No comments: