Thursday, June 12, 2014

Band Review: Spirit In The Room


Spirit In The Room is a four-man band currently located in Los Angeles. I checked them out based on the recommendation of Joe Trohman.

They list their genre as Lizard Rock, which I am not sure is actually a thing. They remind me of noise rock in some ways, with some unusual sounds distorted away from the typical melodic. I can see where they might work as a head band.

There actually is a drug reference in "Vicious Eyes", but I base it more on the hypnotic thrust of the music as it chants and pulses. You could listen to it with a lava lamp.

Their EP Holy Phobia, Pt. 1, as well as a single, "Satanic Mechanic (Hispanic)" are available on Spotify, but you can find additional tracks on Soundcloud, as well as purchasing through Amazon.





No comments: