Thursday, December 29, 2016

Band Review: Rick Rocker


I found a disconnect with Rick Rocker. The name sounds cheesy, as if it's meant for a parody of an '80s DJ. The page statements about instant anthems seems to continue with that.

That led me to go in with lowered expectations, but I found the music enjoyable, sincere, and in the case of "Into Your Arms" absolutely beautiful. The guitar is pretty well-executed too, especially on "Lady In Red".

Music videos have a little bit of that cheese as well - "Say What I Say" gives us a day of frolicking at Coney Island and more cowbell - but they appear to come from an honestly good-hearted person who is good at music.

Rocker has lived in New York City all of his life, so maybe the positivity is his way of rebelling. I think what he is doing works.




No comments: