Thursday, May 20, 2021

Different potential directions

I really need to start writing about things other than school board elections, despite their continued importance.

These past two weeks have reminded me of many political and social issues, their connections to each other, and how the pandemic changed many things but not everything. It would make sense to write more on those topics.

The Sunday blog got hijacked by the school board elections too, but it had been working on individual paths for fighting white supremacy. (White supremacy trying to take over school boards was very legitimately related.) I know I will be picking up on that again.

Prior to switching to election coverage, I was writing about my own personal healing and growth. There is more to write there. It would make sense to get back to that.

I am also getting closer to the conclusion of the retrospective of my music reviews. That might be a reason to get back to doing new reviews. That is especially tantalizing in that two artists that I have intended to review will be performing soon. 

Jake Shimabukuro will be doing a live stream next week, though watching it would require registering for AARP; I am not sure that I want to see him enough for that. In addition, Redlight Romeos have a show in a month, in person but with restrictions. I haven't seen live music since early March 2020. It's tempting.

That reminds me that I have not kept up with my various reading months, though I have tracked the books I have read. Perhaps it is a good idea to close out May with some focus on Asian American heritage.

Of course, I am still in transition. I don't know what my new job will be, or how much time it will allow for listening to music, or how much it will take out of me mentally. I needed this recovery phase, but I want out of it now.

Getting back to writing about personal growth may be the fastest path to that.

Without writing more, it seems that self-care will be my final frontier, and that a lot of that will be focusing on rest, and planning for adequate sleep. 

Accidentally sleeping in is too stressful to be self-care, and not helpful when you have a job to get to.

I know tomorrow will be the retrospective for bands 501 through 600. Beyond that, I am not sure.



No comments: