Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Text-cards

I think a lot about being connected more.

One of the ideas came about when we were in San Diego. My sisters were noticing that you don't see postcards now the way you used to. There are not as many for sale, and often more drawn than photographed.

I assume that is because people are buying them less, and that factors in that include people not sending as much mail in general, but also people taking photos with their phone and then uploading them... there would be less demand.

It occurred to me, though, that I could send text postcards: snap a photo and send it to a friend saying "Wish you were here!"

I tried that in front of the turtle enclosure, but the picture didn't go through.

It still seemed like the idea had some promise.

I got another friend's cell phone number to see if we might be able to get together while I was kind of in the area. I got the number late; we did not get together and I did not sent any pictures.

That was mainly timing, but the other issue is that when we go places, I am using a camera instead of my phone. I take lots of pictures, but not that way. Still, I could potentially whip the phone out, if I remembered.

I have since obtained one more friend's cell phone number, and texted that friend a picture that I thought she would like. Progress!

With a long way to go.


No comments: