Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Just under the wire



I'm not sure if anyone will find this a super-impressive transformation, but I feel better.

The most obvious change for me is that the only papers on my desk now are things I use for tracking various projects, which is much easier to do when there are not all of the other papers.

Less obvious is that it is easier to reach the crayons now, and my sketchbook is easily accessible on the printer. I should sharpen some pencils too, colored and regular. It is good for me to draw sometimes, and if getting the drawing materials requires risking an avalanche, I am much less likely to do it. Actually, I should really draw a new vision board.

You may also notice there is still a stack of books on both the desk and dresser. In fact, there are also three stacks of books on the equivalent of my nightstand (old wicker chest next to my bed) and a collection of Spanish and music books on a side surface. That's just me! That's not changing!

The less obvious thing that feels better relates to some of the things that led to the mess. As I wrote yesterday, I had filed all of the important forms and documentation and so much paperwork, and then I kept having to bring it back out for other things. There is a hope - easily squashed but it hasn't happened yet - that maybe I won't have to pull anything back out. I think it should at least be true of the mortgage. 

I hope.

I still keep doing that. 

Perhaps most importantly, it would have been very easy to put it off another day if I had not told you that I would do it today.

No comments: